I was so honored to be invited to Val and Kevin's wedding at Coors Field this summer.
As unbelievable as it is for me, Val was a 6th grader of mine at Lumberg Elementary School.
What an amazing kid - who then went on to get her degree in education and teach at Lumberg!!! She is a beautiful young woman and has a heart for kids.
Love you Miss Val!!!
Bryan with Val
I don't even want to think about how many years ago it was that I sat on the floor of the dorm at Outdoor Lab (a Jeffco program in which all 6th graders go up to the mountains for a week -- amazing --- it was my favorite part of teaching in Jeffco) hugging and hugging sweet Val while she cried and cried because she was homesick!
Oh girl - you know I had to tell on you!
One of the best parts of attending this event was catching up with my collegues from Lumberg --- these are amazing people who have nothing but love for kids... how I miss working with them!
And doing the Macarena will Val - just one more time!
(we did this at Outdoor Lab, too!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment