Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Halloween 2010

 Meg just loved this fancy dress and the feather headbanc that went with her flapper costume.
 Ella was the cutest black leapord kitty on the block!
 And one more Hubert Baby got to use the bear costume.  Jack enjoyed roaring at us more than he enjoyed wearing the fancy hood.
 And we were off to beg for candy from our neighbors!  What a strange holiday...

Oh and it gets stranger...

Dave and I were invited to a party on Friday night -- as we were searching for ideas for costumes, Dave found this mullet wig at Walmart --- it was all downhill from there.  He dug his "Billy Bob' teeth out and put on some shades... got a tattoo and donned his hunting boots and we were ready...
 Well kinda - I had to dress up too!  (But I will say the line of the whole situation was this:  Me - If you go as Billy Bob, what do I need to do to be Mrs. Billy Bob?  Dave - just show up, Baby...
Ummmm... I'm not taking THAT as a compliment and I knew there was some exaggeratin' that needed to be done... so....
I found some short shorts and some fancy leggins at Walmart and found these fancy shoes at Salvation Army ($2!!)  and got another tattoo (took quite a bit to convince Meg that it wasn't real - she's not a fan of tattoos).  My tramp-stamp was classic --- Dave drew it on -nice, huh? - and he was so careful to get it symmetrical... but then we noticed it was off-center ---- PERFECT.

I also got some "Lee Press-On" nails (Dude, how do people function with those things on???) and some RED lipstick -- oh and how could I forget the gobs of blue eyeshadow and blue glue-on eyelashes?? (thanks again Annie for getting those things to stick!)  I curled up the hair-do and teased and sprayed it with more hairspray than I've used in years.
So, Dave actually wore his costume to work - yes at the bank... Many people did not recognize him throughout the day and night!
Fun times.

4 comments:

Laramie Huberts said...

What a great Christmas photo of you and Dave. Grandpa Wayne says, "Well,you have to remember David was born in Alabama."

Katie said...

Dave had guts I tell you!!! Guts!!! I would not have recognized him either...

Jedi Mama said...

You guys dressed up? I didn't even notice. Y'all look the same to me. Was this before or after y'all at the squirrel for dinner? Too stinking cute. I still have your photo saved on my phone. What a happy couple.

micah and betsy said...

so i'm not sure what i should say here... "you looked great?" no. "nice duds?" no. "you were creative?" maybe? "you looked like you had a lot of fun." yep, i'm going with that.