Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Boys and their big sister's bikes...

So what is is about boys and their big sister's bikes???
These vintage photos are of my baby brothers wheeling my blue banana seat bike around the yard  -  Mom busted them while I was at school because I would never have let this happen if I'd been around. 
Aren't they so cute in their pointy-hooded Broncos coats???  And check out that conversion van -- my family was stylin'!!!  We used to load up in that thing and drive from Cheyenne to Omaha, in the worst of snow storms to visit my aunts and uncles for every holiday --- and let me tell you... this was before car seats!  The boys were stuck in the play-pen in the middle of the back of the van where Seth and I were arguing over who got to sleep on the couch in the back.  And we were happy!  And we survived more than one trip where I know that the only way Dad kept us on I-80 through the blinding snow storm was by following the lights of the semi in front of us. If that 18-wheeler had careened off of the icy highway into the ditch, we would have been right behind him!!! 
(Wow - I sure got off track there... I'm starting to blog like Tammy... which wouldn't be a terrible thing... Just sayin'... )
 But I do love that Ford pick-up... what year was that Dad??  And where's the red 1967 camaro???

So, why was I NOT surprised when Dave called me out to the yard and I found Mr. Jack perched atop Ella's little bike??? 
Not suprised a bit. 
I immediately grabbed my camera and got some evidence and then emailed Mom and said, "can you find those pics of the boys pushing my bike around??!!?" 
She came through in record time!
And the best part is, Ella couldn't give a hoot that Jack was riding her bike.  I think she even cheered him on!
She is a much more gracious big sister than I was ...

1 comment:

Jedi Mama said...

You are old enough to have had a BANANA BIKE??!! Wow! Those things are antiques! And you know, my parents put a canopy topper on the back of the old Ford truck, and then they threw a mattress down in the truckbed. My sister and I hung out back there all the way to Oregon. No seatbelts. No carseats. And we were constantly climbing in the rear slider window of the truck, back and forth! Loved this post you did. Even if you did ramble a bit. It's good to see someone else steer themselves off on little rabbit trails!