In cleaning these sinks, I needed them.
These "before" shots were actually taken after I'd already rinsed the sinks out pretty well... yeah... they had layers of who-knows-what in them. Yuck. I actually had to scoop whatever was in them out into a garbage sack...
This is the NASTY one...
So I grabbed the bleach and Softscrub and Ajax with bleach and Scrubbing Bubbles - thought I'd do an experiment... Yeah... then realized that the only thing that was going to put a dent in any of it was the Ajax and good ol' elbow grease with a scrubby sponge - oh and a little toothbrush...
And here's the "After" shots!
They're still not fabulously clean but definitely clean enough of utility sinks in the basement, don't ya think?? And what an improvement, eh?
This one is still sporting some cleanser -- thought I'd try some Softscrub with bleach after I scrubbed the NASTINESS out... it didn't make ANY difference.

Still much work to do in cleaning this basement - anyone have a powerwasher I could use to clean the walls???
Note: I did remain focussed enough to complete the cleaning of these sinks but you must know that the reason I cleaned them was because I decided to switch from primer to regular paint in the room upstairs... so I cleaned the sinks so I could clean the painting supplies... but I refrained from cleaning the walls above the sinks... until I get my hands on a powerwasher...
3 comments:
Yes, there's all that fancy cleaning products, but there's nothing like good old Ajax! What a chore you had!
Sandy and Dad
Ta da! Mah-velous, Baby.
actually, micah gave me a power washer this fall for a "happy friday" present. it was what i had wanted for my birthday, but since his family gave him such a hard time when he was going to get me an electric razor for our first Christmas together, he decided to get it for me later... your welcome to borrow it if you are down in denver sometime... i sooo wish we lived closer!
Post a Comment