
Jack rode patiently along - probably the worst seat as he was down inhaling the dust as everyone walked through the carnival grounds... ugh...


This pic of Meg was taken right before the scary carny (how do you spell that anyway?!) got in Meg's face and said, "You will sit still." ???? And let's just confirm that Meg had more teeth than the carny lady had!!! Those people are scary......

Our evening at the carnival ended with Meg, Ella and I riding the YoYo Swings - you know the ones on chains that go up high and around and around in a big circle. I'm thinking I can handle it... not so much - about half way through, I knew I was in trouble... As soon as we got off, I told Dave, "I'm going to vomit - let's go..." (we were all out of tickets anyway!!!) As we proceeded to our vehicle, we ran into some friends and tried to have a conversation... I had to tell her, "dude - I'm going to be sick and can't concentrate on a word you're saying..." How pathetic am I? And I was still woozy the next day!!!
I just hope that I can still ride the big roller coasters --- someday....???

Sheridan WYO Rodeo -- it's a good time!!! Indian Relay Races, steer and calf ropin', bare back ridin', saddle bronc ridin', and of course, some bull ridin'!!! All of this from a girl who used to have "TREEHUGR" on her license plates!
3 comments:
Okay - we were SO laughing here at the Hubert house as I read your blog out loud to Phil.
As I was scrolling down (mind you, I had just posted on my blog that we did NOT do the rides) I was thinking that a sarcastic "carny" comment might be coming at the end of your post. So...obviously you beat me to the joke concerning teeth - or lack of.
The other reason I am freaked out by carnival rides is many people, unlike you, do not wait until they are out of the rides to puke! Gross - and I am pretty sure the carny's cleaning standards are not nearly as high as mine????!!!!
So now as I read this to the fam, we are having a discussion on why Meg should NEVER EVER work at the carnival...
My mom has told me that when she was in her 30's she couldn't do roller coasters anymore without feeling sick, but once she hit 50 she is all about them again! Go figure! I have a 17 year old brother, ya know, so I guess he is keeping her young. I'm hoping for the same endurance with my girls since I'm already 36!!!!
Post a Comment