Thursday, November 20, 2008

Still Prego......

Who would've thought I'd ever make it to November 20th??? Not me!!!! I was so convinced that I would go early that even when I made it my due date (the 18th) I was surprised!
Saw Bridgette yesterday --- everything looks fine. I'm measuring right at 40 weeks and dilated to about 3cm. Baby's heart beat is strong and he's still bumpin' around like crazy! We are still having the 10pm aerobics session - which I absolutely love. It's so fun to watch my belly jump and bump and feel little feet and legs... it is so cool! The movement has always been my favorite part of being pregnant.
And I'm really feeling pretty good overall so guess he just needs to cook a bit longer.
My friends here in Sheridan are handling it well too -- lots of humor and teasing and only strangers at the Y and Wal-mart are saying things like "you're huge" or "that baby hasn't even dropped yet - you're not going to have it anytime soon..." or "you're tiny" or telling me their horror stories.
I am continuing to remind myself that God's timing is perfect (although I can't find any specific scripture to back that up -- any suggestions????) and He knows when this baby is ready to enter the world.
Dave is also handling it all very well - he's an awesome husband and we both just kind of laugh every morning when we wake up to the alarm (see I'm even sleeping pretty good) and nothing has happened overnight... We're in this holding pattern - it seems we have hurried up to get things ready and now just waiting... the house is clean, the laundry is pretty much caught up, baby's room is ready, bag is packed, etc etc...
And I just thank the people who are joining me in this holding pattern- especially my Mom who has had her bag and car packed down in Denver for a week or so now, ready to head north at a moment's notice; and my friend Jill who is ready to come and stay with the girls - also at a moment's notice! She teaches at Meg's school so we see her every morning and every morning she says, "I really thought it was going to be last night..." "Me too," I reply!!! So, special thanks to them!!!!!!! I love you both more than you know!
Anyway, enough rambling - just thought I'd send out the update to everyone.
We're just waiting and enjoying how portable the baby is this way and soaking up the time together and trying not to be too anxious!
And all prayers are welcome!!!
Love you all!

1 comment:

Rachie said...

I thought of you today when I saw a news story about a woman that gave birth on the BART (commuter train). She went into labor on the train, and the BART personnel took her off the train at the next stop (5 minutes or less). She gave birth before the train could leave the station. :) One push!!

Here's hoping your labor is that easy. :) Sending positive thoughts your way.